Friday, November 8, 2013

Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock Drip Drop

Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock Drip Drop

Are you like me? Have you got that one clock in a room, somewhere in your house, that you just don't bother to 'Fall Back' or 'Spring Ahead' with? A clock that makes that one room in your house a time zone unto its self.
It's a clock that for 6 months of every year is an hour off. In my case the old digital clock is always on daylight savings time. I've long forgotten what buttons to push and in what order to do it in to move it ahead or back sixty minutes. About ten years ago I got it on Standard time where it sat for probably three and a half years. Till one day my wife had some relative coming to stay in that room while the Daylight Savings Event was on. So, after some lively encouragement from the wife, I spent the better part of two hours and 'Sprung Ahead' old Digit.
Now a days all my wifes relatives get a motel when they come to town. My sleep walking and bed wetting worked. (Okay I've got issues).
So old Digit just stays at the time where he can squeeze the most sunlight out of each day. Oh I guess I could wake up at midnight and quickly unplug and then plug him back in again, but that seems like killing him and then restarting his heart again. What if I can't bring him back? My little room all unto itself serves me just fine. It's like a time machine right in my basement. Walk in the room, and you are magically transported one hour ahead. I wish I had a room like this as a kid!
"Go to your room and do your homework for an hour!" my Dad would yell. "Heck, I'll do an hour and ten Dad!" I always did an excellent job on title pages for Social Studies and the extra ten minutes should have it covered.
Walking out of the aforementioned room with the magic digital clock you go back in time. Upon exiting the room you now know what rooms to avoid from your homework pushing father, cause you were just there! Back in time!
My wonder working clock with its four sets of red numbers from 0-9 was given as a wedding gift (But now it's mine. Not hers! She said I could have it!). It use to be an answering machine as well as a clock, but as it got older it became like me, and realized it didn't have the answers anymore. And I unknowingly became like Digit, always a little off of the time, with the rest of the household.
Me and my ticking digital clock, together for all time!
Oh!....Hang on its not ticking. It's the faucet in the bathroom basement counting off the seconds. I should get around to that........Nawh! The wife says the basement is my world. I'm King Here! A kingdom where faucets will keep time to clocks that are wrong for half of the year and ruled by a king that can wet a bed from four paces (well not now).
BeepBeepBeepBeep
Oh, time for my pills..........or was that an hour ago?

Bob Niles
superiordribble.blogcast


bobby did this

No comments:

Post a Comment