Friday, November 1, 2013

It Took Me 125 Minutes to Write About 60

It Took Me 125 Minutes to Write About 60

Lucky us! We are given 60 minutes this weekend. It only happens twice a year! 60 free minutes to do with whatever you will. It's like God reaches down his hand and says "SAY, DO YOU HAVE A MINUTE FOR ME? NO? WELL I'LL GIVE YOU 60 OF THEM ANYWAY!" ( I think he'd talk loud so I used loud letters)
Now what do I do? Do I spend, invest, or give away my 60 minutes?
Do I go to the mall and spend them? Or blow them at the driving range? How about if I just wasted them and watched TV? I know I'll go to the spa and spend them on me. Me Me Me Me! They're mine! They were stolen from me last Spring and now I'm going to enjoy them! Me deserves them 60 minutes. Plus, I'll borrow some from work on Monday and make a day of it. They have a lifetime of my minutes and I want some back! Naaa, I talk big but I won't do it.
I've got so many minutes of my life invested in my job. Twenty-five years of minutes invested in the warehouse. Someday it'll pay off though, and I'll have a nice job upstairs in the office. The kids in the warehouse say I'm just wasting time down here. They say I need to march upstairs with my portfolio of invested minutes and prove to them their time is being wasted with me in shipping. It hurts when you invest so much of your time, for them, and now it's they who are wasting it.
When I was young I had plenty of time to waste, for I knew I had much more tomorrow. Now, time for tomorrow seems an uncertainty. The time I've invested and the time I've spent won't buy me tomorrow.
Invested time, is time with, and for others. At an early age it starts with family, then you buddies at school, girlfriends ( here, there was much interest in this investment) and then a wife. Kids hopefully become part of the investment in time, and then on to Grandkids.
This person has found invested time is much more rewarding than spent time. And, I find it easier to remember invested time. Always someone there to help you remember times together. You invest with them, they invest with you. Together you build interest.
But sadly for us all time runs out. We've all experienced family or friends that this has happened to. Imagine what they would give to have just but 60 minutes more. What would they do with 60 minutes more? Go to the mall? Driving range? watch TV? Or get a much needed cleanse at the spa? ( if you were dead, then not dead, I think it would be important).
No I think they would give it to you. Time given is selflessness. They would give each second of each minute to the people they loved for that hour. Not a moment wasted! Given time is easily forgotten by you, but greatly remembered by others. Time given is the greatest way to experience a moment
So come this Sunday morning when you wake up with that extra hour in your daytimer, and consider its fate, use it to the best of your ability. Enjoy it, share it or give it, but don't waste it. Time flys so quickly, and soon you're out of it.

"Yesterday has gone. Tomorrow has not yet come.
We have only today. Let us begin."
Mother Teresa

Bob Niles
superiordribble@blogspot.com




bobby did this

No comments:

Post a Comment